Friday, March 27, 2009

Ahhhhhhh. . . It's Time For Therapy



I have been living contrary to the counsel given to Joseph Smith in D&C 10:4 "Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength..." and I am really suffering for it. I do for everyone else and I come last. Sound familiar? Well, today I decided that I was taking time for me and in looking around for something to do, I spied my lonely little piano in the corner of the living room. That was when I realized I hadn't played any "just-for-fun" music on it in a a very long time. I play quite often, but only to practice music for the Community Theater play, or to practice choir music, or to learn music for One Voice. I got all my piano music out and began playing. In the middle of one particularly beautiful song by David Lanz, I nearly started crying because it felt so good. I realized that this was the best therapy I could ever experience. I used to spend hours singing and playing the piano. "Why haven't I done this for so long," I wondered. I made a date with myself - tomorrow: same time--same place. I will in heaven.


I am posting this photo Taylor took, I am assuming of his wife Shannon. It is beautifully simple.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you did this... remember how I always tell you to say No? I love you mom. Thanks for always being such a wonderful mother. I'm so glad that when other girls talk about how frustrating their moms are all I can do is listen, and have nothing to complain about.

    ReplyDelete