Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year - New Life?

I admit I am right up there with the rest of the world: making resolutions and then promptly breaking them each year. This year I make no resolutions. I simply am trying to live each day as it comes - beginning each day with prayer and trying to live my life that day in such as way as to be a help to my Heavenly Father. In order to do that, I have to free my life up of all unnecessary activities, time wasters, etc. so I can be available.

I still have some pretty major time commitments (i.e. City Council, Seminary and PHS), but I am trying to be more available for my family and friends and neighbors and especially my Heavenly Father. Even just the thought of it brings me peace.

We had a great night to start the year off right - trip to the St. George Temple and dinner with 2 couples who are our dearest friends. Renewed and ready to tackle the year. Stand in holy places.

No comments:

Post a Comment