Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To Exercise or Not to Exercise

A group of 20 or so people where I work have formed their own reality show - The Biggest Loser. I decided to join - it was only a small $10 fee - to see if I could lose some of this menopausal belly fat. Rules are simple: pay your fee, weigh in on Wednesdays, do whatever form of dieting/exercising you want, weekly winners, and $150 grand prize at the end of 6 weeks.

I was feeling pretty good about the first week because I walk/run a few times a week and I had been trying to watch what I eat. I went to weigh in and got the shock of my life. I had gained 1 pound in the first week. How did this happen? Maybe it was the chocolate cake and cinnamon rolls on Sunday, or maybe it was the dinner at Pizza Factory. Who knows? But if I am going to win this thing, I need to do something different - like take it seriously and really exercise. I wish I could play racquetball regularly like I did in my other life. Maybe I just need to accept the fact that I will never be skinny again - but who knows? Maybe I will be the Biggest Loser and not the "Biggest Loser." (if you know what I mean) And NO I am not posting before and after photos.

1 comment:

  1. I have just the thing for you! Robert and I started getting on this website www.livestrong.com and it is awesome. It tells you how many calories you should eat a day according to you weight and how much you want to lose. You put in how much you eat every day and how much exercise you do and it will tell you how many calories you have had that day. It is really helpful to have to right down what you eat. If you have questions just ask me and I can tell you about it. We also joined 24 hr. fitness and have been trying to go at least 4 times a week or at least exercise at home. It has really worked for us and Robert has lost 25 lbs. and I am down 7 and feel so much better. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete